BuddyPress Profile GeoLocation
Ever wanted to be able to find users that are close to the current one? You can build many things with this: a dating site, a friend finder, and so on.
This plugin will allow you to have user’s set their own location whether it is a full address, a single line for their address, or their longitude or latitude, and then find users near them. It can either list each individual user or show all users on a map. How users are shown, and the pin content on the map itself, is completely customizable.
- The ability to search for users within a specified proximity of the current user.
- You can customize how the user will show. To add further customization you can also install BuddyPress Profile Shortcodes.
- You can also customize how the pins will appear when displaying a map of the user’s location.
- Shortcodes are available to show a user’s location. If you use BuddyPress Profile Custom Area you can also add a map to a user’s profile using this plugin’s available shortcodes.
Download and Setup:
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- In WordPress Admin, go to “Plugins” → “Add New” → “Upload” (At the top of the page)
- Click the browse button and choose the ZIP file that you downloaded after purchasing it. You can then install it. Afterwards click “Activate” to activate this plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated, go to “Settings” → “Bento Licenses” and find the license column for BuddyPress Profile GeoLocation. Enter your activation key there, click on active, and then you can use this plugin.
- To use it, go to Users > GeoLocation. You can then completely customize how this plugin will appear and show during a search.