BuddyPress Profile Custom Area
In this plugin you can customize your own section within a user profile to show a specifically designed area on the edit screen and on the profile screen.
With this plugin you will be able to completely customize an entirely new field / section within all user profiles. You can use this for various different uses such as: galleries, adding a form or survey, a map, or anything else to a user’s BuddyPress profile page.
- Allows you full control of what will show in profile editing and viewing
- You can use html and shortcodes to allow for a flexible display and use of the plugin
Download and Setup:
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- In WordPress Admin, go to “Plugins” → “Add New” → “Upload” (At the top of the page)
- Click the browse button and choose the ZIP file that you downloaded after purchasing it. You can then install it. Afterwards click “Activate” to activate this plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated, go to “Settings” → “Bento Licenses” and find the license column for BuddyPress Profile Custom Area. Enter your activation key there, click on active, and then you can use this plugin.
- To use it, go to Users > Profile Fields. You can then add a field and set the field type to custom area. You can set the edit value and display value there using the two tinymce boxes. As shortcodes are allowed it is very flexible on how you can use this plugin.